Jolene Leeuwner Maritz
Johanne Martine (Jolène) Leeuwner-Maritz was born on 11 November 1981.
Jolène entered the universe with DNA consisting of a remixed version of Meghan Trainor’s hit song – “Because you know I’m all about that beat, bout that beat, no patience….” and a mind that is wired to wholeheartedly support the statement, “Why is patience a virtue? Hurry up should be a virtue.”
Jolène is the youngest daughter of Adv. Pieter Leeuwner and thus has been exposed to the rule of law and the law profession her whole life.
Jolène matriculated at Transvalia Secondary School and her awards and accolades inter alls included:
- Dux pupil
- Deputy Head Girl
- Passed 9 subjects in matric, obtaining 5 distinctions;
- Trophy for exemplary Achiever in Economic Sciences;
- Silver Certificate at Vaal Triangle Mathematics Olympiad;
- 1st Netball Team (Grades 10-12) and was awarded Honourary Colours for Netball
- Represented the Vaal Triangle at the South African Chess Championships;
- Honourary speaker at Youth Day function;
- 3rd place at South Gauteng public speaking competition 1998;
- Member of the Editor’s team
- Member of the Vaal Triangle Youth Choir; and
- JKA SA Championship Karate Medalist
Jolène is driven by Dopamine, Endorphins and appreciation of well-served clients. Her biggest passion is to be part of the progression of her species and she is determined and committed to be a life long student for personal enrichment and to serve with distinction.
After matric Jolène enrolled for and obtained her Bachelor of Laws (LLB) degree at the University of Pretoria. She served as House Committee Member and later as Deputy Chairperson of House Zeus.
Between the beginning of 2004 and June 2005, Jolène attended the University of Pretoria’s Law School, finished her articles and passed the Attorney Admission Exams, Conveyancing Exam and Notarial Exam.
During December 2007 Jolène (aged 26) and her business partner / lawyer husband, Jan Maritz, started Leeuwner Maritz Attorneys. She is the Managing Partner and she specializes in Property Law.
Both Jolène and the law firm believe in almsgiving – the religious term associated with charitable giving and as such inter alia participate in pro bono projects, on a monthly basis in malls near their offices, and need nomination challenges for children’s homes and the less fortunate.
Jolène and Leeuwner Maritz Attorneys’ awards and nominations include:
- Awarded Small / Medium Business Advocate of the Year 2011 – 2012 RCCI / FNB Business Excellence Awards 2011;
- Nominated for the Oslo Business of Peace Awards in Norway 2012 by the Randburg Chamber of Commerce and Industry;
- Awarded ROCCI 2012 – 2012 Buisness of the year Gold: Professional Services;
- Awarded ROCCI 2013 – 2014 Business of the Year Bronze: Professional Services;
- Nominated ROCCI 2014 – 2015 Business of the Year: Professional Services
- Finalist in the 5th Annual SACCI Women in Business Awards 2013; and
- Winner: SOUTH AFRICAN CHAMBER OF COMMERCE AND INDUSTRY’S Women in Business Award 2014.
Above: Jolène with her 2 beautiful daughters
Right: Jolène’s cover of the great Tracy Chapman song, Give me a Reason
A personal look at Jolène
Besides her legal qualifications, she also holds a certificate in graphic design from the University of Cape Town, a certificate in digital marketing from the University of Stellenbosch, has completed a course in glass blowing through the Glass forming Academy, and is currently studying Information and Communication Technology Law at the University of Pretoria
Above all else Jolène is a dedicated mother to her two daughters Jolaine and Gizelle, as well as a wife. She believes that being a mother is the most amazing gift and confirms that every thought and action are coloured by the cognizance of her children.
For stress relief Jolène enjoys singing while playing the electric guitar and Super League Action Netball.
Follow Jolène on Social media
Never to miss a moment, Jolène is always connected via Facebook, Twitter, Linkedin, Pinterest, Instagram, Skype, Google Chat, BBM, Whatsapp, her friends, staff, husband and children.
As an Entrepreneur, Jolène owns / co-owns two other businesses namely:
JOLE DESIGNS (PTY) LTD
Which include Jolè Printed (products developed into different ranges of printed artwork, Jolè Corporate (a range of corporate gifts), Jolè Luxury (a luxury beauty range), Jolè Exclusive (exclusive gifts, consisting of original paintings to hand-painted pottery and more) and Jogi Designs (a children’s range, designed by her two children).